Eagle Ford: Top Shale Operators Issue New Drilling Permits
Drilling Permits Down -16.9% as Dimmit Increases and DeWitt Falls
This past week, permits in the Eagle Ford fell 16.9% to 49, compared to the previous week’s 59 permits. Decreasing activity this past week in De Witt only yielded 11 permits, compared to the previous week’s 21 permits. County permitting continued in counties like La Salle and McMullen, with 7 permits a week for the last two weeks, and Frio County, which had 3 permits for each of the last two weeks. Of the total 108 permits issued in the previous two weeks, 106 were horizontal and 2 were vertical, with one vertical permit being issued each week.
Karnes County went up from 7 permits to 8 permits this past week. Gonzales County also increased by one permit to 3 for the week. Major activity was focused in Dimmit County, where the permitting increased from zero for the week of May 25 – May 31 to 8 permits, 7 of which were held by Chesapeake Energy and 1 by Anadarko.
Top operators permitting in the Eagle Ford for the week of June 1, 2015:
- EOG issued 8 permits, up from 4 in the prior week
- Chesapeake obtained 7 permits, down from 10 in the prior week
- ConocoPhillips (under Burlington Resources name) gained 6 permits, down from 8 in the prior week
- Murphy Oil & Gas had 5 permits, up from 0 in the prior week
- Pioneer Natural Resources filed 5 permits, up from 2 in the prior week